Pages

Monday, July 14, 2014

Buttercream Frosting Recipe


Wow, you don't know what I did to post this recipe today!
I made this cake three whole times, before I decided that my frosting was finally perfect.
That's right, PERFECT! I had two taste testers to prove it.
You'll find this recipe pretty much, all over the internet. 
However, I figured I couldn't have a recipe blog without an official buttercream frosting recipe available to my readers.

Anyway! On to the ingredients...



You need:

The paddle attachment for your KitchenAid, a ton of powdered sugar, butter, heavy whipping cream, REAL vanilla extract, and a dash of salt.

Vanilla Buttercream Frosting

4 1/2 cups of Confectioners Sugar
2 sticks Room Temperature Unsalted Butter
1 stick Room Temperature Salted Butter
3 tbs Cold Heavy Whipping Cream
2 tsp Real Vanilla Extract
Dash of Table Salt



Start out by putting ROOM TEMPERATURE butter into your mixing bowl. If your butter is say, melted...in the microwave...or right out of the fridge...or pretty much ANY way besides room temp, this frosting is not going to turn out the correct way. 

Sit it out on the counter, and wait.


Then whip it on medium speed (like, 5 or 6) for 2-3 minutes, until it looks like this!



Now some people like to get fancy, and add things partially, or while the paddle is turning. 

I say, just turn the mixer off...then dump all your ingredients in.

For me, it's all in the vanilla extract! Buttercream has no flavor without the vanilla. Get yourself a good quality vanilla, and I promise you will not regret it!


The one thing I do wait to add, is the color. I like to get all the ingredients nice and mixed. Then, I add the coloring. I want to get the color JUUUUST right, and I think that's the best way to do it. 

Anyway, mix that baby for 5 minutes. Girl, set a timer...don't over mix it. If you're like me, it's easy to gallivant off into another room, and forget the mixer is on. (Hah!) 

Once 5 minutes is up, you'll lift the paddle and it should be covered in frosting...the frosting shouldn't immediately drop, or be runny at all. If it is, add more confectioners sugar. 



This one's for free...take your extra large tervis cup, stick your bag into it, and fold it over the cup. Add frosting. Voila! Mess avoided.


I piped my cake with a Wilton 1M. 


And there she is! My final product...time to cut a slice, like right now.


Let me know if you use this recipe, or if you want more stuff like this!


Leanna

No comments:

Post a Comment