Pages

Monday, May 12, 2014

White and Gold Unicorn Baby Shower


White and Gold Unicorn Baby Shower



Holy unicorn poop, is my pregnancy really almost over? 

Yes. Yes, indeed it is. Believe me, it has been a LONG nine months. Ever notice how the last month of pregnancy seems like it lasts at least 3 years? That’s where we are right now. I’m about 20 minutes from water breaking…at least I hope. HAH!

I know I haven’t been too personal on my little spot on the internet, so I figured I would let you in on a few things you should know about Leanna Brown.
I will go ahead and let you know that I am extremely sarcastic, but not NEAR as much as I used to be. I find that some people don’t pick up on it as easily as I do, and I kind of like having friends. :)

I am an 8-5 working mother, though I long to have an event design business one day when my babies are older. I work for the State of Florida as an Accountant. I’m extremely proud of how far I’ve come working with the state. Last year, I was promoted THREE times!

I have been married SIX months (As of May 23rd!) to the sweetest man on earth. His name is Tyler. He’s a total bonehead, lover of World of Warcraft, Apple products, and is cheesier than any guy I’ve ever met. We laugh too much.


I have one daughter, soon to be two years old on June 22ndCommence extremely unattractive sobs and double chin face now. Her name is Lydia. She loves rock candy, green beans, Frozen, jewelry, and yelling at mommy.


Now, let’s talk about the newest member of my little family. I will admit, we prayed for a boy. However, I am so extremely excited to be having another baby I don’t even care that it’s another girl! There is something so exciting about seeing the man I love, and myself merged into one little human being. We celebrated with a small gathering of women, at the last minute of course because I didn’t exactly send out invitations. (I’m notorious for doing this, PLEASE don’t judge me too harshly!) I did not want anything big, stressful, over-the-top, or cheesy. I got exactly what I wanted…just a group of women eating cake and talking about babies. 
It was glorious. 




I did not reveal the name until the cake was served. Do you know how ridiculously annoying it was to not tell people? All our family members were so happy to finally know! 
Here's the story:



While looking relentlessly on the internet for the perfect red velvet cake recipe, I stumbled upon the sweetest cake display. Underneath this beautiful photo was the name, “Scarlett”. I whispered it to myself, and an immediate sense of warmth and love flooded my heart. (There might have been a tear or two.) That’s when I knew I had found the perfect name! Her middle name, Lillian, is a tribute to my mother and father in law who always wanted a baby girl named Lilly, but did not have any more children.



The cake was made by my sister, Jasmine. We call her Aunt J for the kids, and she loves to bake. (You MAY see her on here at some point.) She made a red velvet cake with a recipe that has been in the family for years, but I put my own little twist on it. I asked her to put cheese cake in between the layers, and cream cheese icing on the outside. I wanted it tall, and well…that’s what I got. It’s the cutest little slumpy marshmallow cake I ever did see! 
It’s perfectly imperfect in every way…and oh my goodness it was SO DELICIOUS.


The unicorn figurines came from my mother’s collection she started when she was a little girl. I have had them for quite a few years, and am so excited to finally pass them down to Scarlett. We will put these little cuties on floating shelves in her nursery.


EEEEEEK! So cute. 


I think it's time for appreciation and recognition! Kori (My right hand man, my Maid of Honor, my BFF since the 6th grade, and the godmother of my children.) made the CUTEST little white clouds that hung over the cake table. Maybe she'll stop by and do a DIY tutorial on how she made them if we're lucky! 


The table runners came from Mrs. Freund on Etsy! I’m absolutely obsessed with how beautiful these look in photographs, but honestly they are even MORE gorgeous in person. She was a joy to work with, and I hope her business thrives!


I made these little crowns the day before the shower as party favors. They were so simple, and easy to make. Not to mention, everyone loved them and used them in the photo booth!


Yes, that is exactly what you think it is.


We had custom unicorn confetti made for our little princesses celebration. It's not a party without confetti. Please, do yourself a favor and stop by this REMARKABLE little online shop, The Confetti Bar Also, catch her on Instagram for sprinkles of happy on your newsfeed! @theconfettibar


Might I also mention that I had the baby shower at my house! I can’t express to you how much I loved it. Everyone got to see my new home (purchased in September of last year!), it was free, we had as much time as we wanted to put up, and tear down, and most convenient was having a Lydia-friendly environment. She could play in her room, dance around, scream, cry, sing, and do whatever she wanted and I didn’t have to worry about anybody saying anything or repeating the word, “Sorry” a million times. 
Just wonderful. :)



I have to thank Kori for always being there for me to throw my stress on. She has been such a wonderful friend through these years and I know it keeps getting weirder because I'm like married and having children but she doesn't seem to mind. She helped plan this shower for me, and I don't think it could have been more perfect. 














What do you think of my little casual baby shower? I just love how deep rooted every detail was!


I can't wait to meet my little Scarlett Lillian and I hope she will be as bright, beautiful, and unique as this baby shower was.

Love and Icing,

Leanna

No comments:

Post a Comment